CAULIFLOWER PIZZA BITES 3 WAYS
Celebrate your love for pizza any time of day! These cauliflower pizza bites provide all that delicious pizza flavor in the form of a healthy, low-carb, high-protein snack! I made them three ways: classic margherita, veggie supreme, and pepperoni.
Pizza used to be a trigger food for me – meaning, if it was in my presence, I would eat it until it was completely gone! These days I have a much more balanced love for pizza. I regularly enjoy a couple slices of stuffed crust pizza (eating until I’m satisfied not stuffed). Even more often, I’ll down an entire cauliflower crust pizza! There is just something about the combined gratification of eating pizza while knowing I’m also getting my daily dose of veggies 😉
Basic ingredients you'll need
For these cauliflower pizza bites, you only need a few simple ingredients. I bought frozen riced cauliflower, steamed it in the microwave, then wrung it out in a dish towel until only a few drops of water came out. Squeezing out as much water as possible is key for cauliflower pizza crust. If you have a stream of water or steady dripping when you squeeze, there’s still too much water in your cauliflower. You should only get few drops squeezing as hard as you can!
Cheese only version
I pre-baked my cauliflower pizza bites using a muffin tin in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes until browned. For a cheese only version, just add some organic pizza sauce and additional mozzarella on top of your bites and bake another 5 minutes until melty!
Margherita pizza bites
For the classic margherita cauliflower pizza bites, I topped my pre-baked bites with pizza sauce, mozzarella, chopped tomato, and fresh basil.
Veggie supreme pizza bites
For the veggie supreme version, I topped my cauliflower pizza bites with pizza sauce, mozzarella, red onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Chicken sausage and olives would be a yummy addition, too!
Pepperoni pizza bites
For the pepperoni cauliflower pizza bites, I topped my bites with with pizza sauce, mozzarella, and chopped turkey pepperoni on top (look for nitrite/nitrate free). They were all so good it’s hard to decide a favorite! But if forced to choose, I would say pepperoni.
Here’s the printable recipe for these cauliflower pizza bites three ways! I hope you will rate and comment below if you try them 🙂
Post contains affiliate links. Recipe created in collaboration with Abby Pollock and TransformNation.
Cauliflower Pizza Bites 3 Ways
These cauliflower pizza bites are a gluten-free, low-carb, high-protein snack! Enjoy three ways: Classic Margherita, Veggie Supreme, and Pepperoni.
- 3 cups riced cauliflower steamed
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (can use dairy-free)* divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan (can use dairy-free)* grated
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. oregano
- 1 large egg (or one flax egg)*
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup tomato, finely chopped
2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
2 tbsp. green pepper, chopped
2 tbsp. mushroom, chopped
2 tbsp. red onion, chopped
1/4 cup turkey pepperoni, diced
Classic Margherita toppings:
Veggie Supreme toppings:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Steam frozen riced cauliflower in the microwave for 4-5 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, dump onto a dish towel or cheese cloth and wring out excess water. Squeeze until only a couple drops come out!
- Add cauliflower, one half cup of mozzarella, parmesan, and spices to a medium mixing bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Divide mixture between twelve wells of a lightly greased muffin tin (I used olive oil) and press down into wells using fingers.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned on edges.
- For the classic margherita pizzas, top each of four pre-baked crusts with 1 tsp. pizza sauce, 1 tbsp. mozzarella, 1 tbsp. tomato, and half a teaspoon of fresh basil.
- For the veggie supreme pizzas, top each of four pre-baked crusts with 1 tsp. pizza sauce, 1 tbsp. mozzarella, and half a tbsp. each green pepper, mushroom, and red onion.
- For the pepperoni pizzas, top each of four pre-baked crusts with 1 tsp. pizza sauce, 1 tbsp. mozzarella, and 1 tbsp. pepperoni.
- Return muffin tin to the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let pizza bites cool 10 minutes before attempting to remove from muffin tin.
- Enjoy hot! Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container up to one week, or in the freezer up to one month.
Calories (per bite, with margherita topping): 80kcal, Fat: 4.5g, Sat fat: 2.6g, Carbs: 3g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 8g, Sodium: 228mg
Calories (per bite, with veggie topping): 80kcal, Fat: 4.4g, Sat fat: 2.6g, Carbs: 4g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 8g, Sodium: 228mg
Calories (per bite, with pepperoni topping): 88kcal, Fat: 4.9g, Sat fat: 2.8g, Carbs: 3g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 9g, Sodium: 317mg
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.