COLLAGEN PROTEIN RICE CRISPY TREATS
I have been wanting to make protein rice crispy treats with collagen for awhile now. Collagen makes things gooey, which worked so perfectly in these peanut butter rice crispy treats. Of course, I slathered with chocolate ganache because I need chocolate in my life 😉 Instead of using marshmallows and corn syrup, I used nut butter and all-natural sugar free pancake syrup for NO added sugar. That said, maple syrup or honey would work great in this recipe, too!
Did you know? Collagen supplementation appears to increase bone mineral density and help protect against osteoporosis (source).
Making the rice crispy base
For the base of this recipe, I picked up some brown rice crisp cereal with no added sugar. Of course, Rice Krispies will work too, or any crisp rice cereal. Next, I melted some creamy peanut butter and sugar free pancake syrup, (can use maple syrup or honey) over the stovetop until melted.
Adding the collagen
After my peanut butter was completely melted, I whisked in some LIV Body Flavorless Marine Collagen. I love that this collagen is highly bioavailable with no flavor (perfect for baking). You can use my code “NOEXCUSES” for 20% off all LIV Body products (including their skin care) here: https://livbody.com/collections/all
You can use as little collagen as you want (or none at all) in this recipe – but the maximum I’ve been able to incorporate is 120 grams.
Adding remaining ingredients
Next, I combined my peanut butter mixture with my crisp rice cereal in a large bowl, folding with a spatula until well combined. I then pressed the mixture into a baking dish lined with parchment and placed in the fridge for half an hour.
Making the chocolate ganache
To make my ganache, I whisked two tablespoons of hot unsweetened cashew milk into two ounces of dairy-free dark chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl (any milk will work). Finally, I slathered this onto the bars and placed them back in the fridge for another 15 minutes or so. The ganache topping is optional but really delicious! I bet peanut butter melted with the chocolate would be amazing, too.
Anyway, here’s the printable recipe for these Collagen Protein Rice Crispy Treats! I hope you’ll rate and comment below if you try them 🙂
This post contains affiliate links and is sponsored by LIV Body.
Collagen Protein Rice Crispy Treats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter*
- 1/4 cup calorie-free sweetener* I used one that's twice as sweet as sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup* or maple syrup or honey
- 90 g collagen protein powder (can use less)* I used LIV Body Flavorless Marine Collagen, use code NOEXCUSES for 20% off
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt optional
- 3 cups brown rice crisp cereal*
Ganache topping (optional):
- 2 oz. dark chocolate chips I used dairy-free
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cashew milk* or any milk
- Melt peanut butter with sweetener, and syrup in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once melted and glossy, whisk in collagen protein, vanilla, and salt (optional). Stir about 2 minutes until smooth (can add 2-3 tbsp. milk if needed).
- In a large mixing bowl mix peanut butter mixture with crisp rice cereal until fully combined.
- Line an 8″x8″ baking pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap and press mixture into the bottom evenly.
- Chill in the fridge for half an hour.
- If making ganache (optional), microwave 2 tbsp. of milk in the microwave for 20 seconds until steaming hot and pour over 2 ounces of dark chocolate in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and pour over rice crispy bars.
- Chill coated bars for an additional 15-20 minutes, then slice into 9 squares to serve. Leftovers will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for at least a week.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.