COOKIE DOUGH COLLAGEN BARS
Who would have thought that eating Cookie Dough Collagen Bars could help with joint health, skin elasticity, and cellulite? Well, research shows just 10-12 grams of collagen peptides can help in all these areas. In addition, studies indicate collagen has a satiating effect, even more so than whey or casein! These Cookie Dough Collagen Bars are definitely satisfying! They taste like they’re loaded with butter and brown sugar, but they’re made using cashew butter with only 4 grams of sugar per bar. So addicting!
For added protein, I used LIV Body Marine Collagen, which is highly bioavailable, flavorless, and easy to blend. I love baking with collagen! It adds beneficial protein and amino acids without ruining the flavor or texture of the end product. Use my code NOEXCUSES for 20% off all LIV Body products!
Feel free to substitute the collagen for one half cup almond flour, but please do not try substituting whey protein, casein, or plant-based protein in this recipe. The bars will turn out dry and “cakey” without additional modifications.
For the version shown, I used one half cup of blanched almond flour. This version is Paleo-friendly, thick and chewy, with a slightly gooey center.
You can also substitute one quarter cup of gluten free baking flour or any of the following flours: all-purpose flour, brown rice flour, cake flour, cassava flour (Paleo), oat flour (oats blended into flour), sorghum flour, spelt flour, tiger nut flour or whole wheat pastry flour. Add milk or water if needed to achieve a very thick, spreadable batter. If using coconut flour, you may need to add up to one half cup of additional liquid (water or milk).
For the sweetener, I used a calorie-free brown sugar alternative made from monk fruit and erythritol. The brown sugar flavor really gives these cookies that classic home-baked taste. Similar options include Sukrin Gold, Lakanto Golden, or Swerve Brown Sugar. You could also use half as much (one quarter cup) Truvia or Splenda brown sugar blend.
If you don’t have any of these brown sugar alternatives, feel free to use half a cup of baking stevia, granulated erythritol, monk fruit blend, or any granulated sugar like coconut sugar. If using stevia extract or drops, please refer to the brand-specific conversion chart.
Instead of butter, I used cashew butter to add richness and moisture. You can also use creamy almond butter or peanut butter if you are allergic to cashews. The recipe does call for egg whites but feel free to use two flax eggs if you’re allergic to eggs.
Of course, these wouldn’t be “cookie dough bars” without a generous measure of dark chocolate chips! I love Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips, but you can use sugar-free chocolate chips or dairy-free chocolate chips if you prefer.
Now, here’s the printable recipe for these Cookie Dough Collagen Bars! I know you’ll love these, so please rate and comment below if ya make them 😉
This post contains affiliate links and is sponsored by LIV Body.
Cookie Dough Collagen Bars
- 1/2 cup (60g) flavorless collagen protein powder* I used LIV Body Marine Collagen, code "NOEXCUSES" for 20% off
- 1/2 cup almond flour*
- 1/2 cup calorie-free brown sugar* like Lakanto Golden, Swerve Brown, or Sukrin Gold
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt optional
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter*
- 1/4 cup (2 large) egg whites*
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract optional
- 1 oz. dark chocolate chips*
*See blog post for substitutions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (through salt) in a small mixing bowl.
- Add cashew butter, egg whites, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease a 7"x5" or 8"x6" baking dish (or line with parchment); spread batter over the bottom evenly using a spatula (batter should be thick almost like a dough).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until center is set but still gooey.
- Cut into nine equal pieces and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container up to one week or in the freezer up to one month.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.