GINGERBREAD PROTEIN BALLS (VEGAN)
These Gingerbread Protein Balls are vegan, gluten-free, and full of rich gingerbread flavor! They’re delightful all on their own but even more decadent drizzle in vegan white chocolate (mmm). I don’t know what it is about this season – I’m so obsessed with gingerbread! It just might be my favorite holiday flavor 😉 You might also like these no-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls.
Did you know? High-protein snacks help moderate blood sugar, suppress appetite, and repair muscle and other tissues! I usually aim for 15-25g protein per snack (three of these balls).
Protein powder recommendations
For this recipe, I used LIV Body Lean Vegan Protein in Snickerdoodle, which is a pea protein. Unlike most plant-based protein powders, this brand tastes great! I also love that there’s no artificial ingredients in this brand. Bonus: LIV Body protein includes probiotics and organic superfoods! You can use my code NOEXCUSES for 20% off all LIV Body products 🙂
Feel free to use collagen protein, whey, casein, soy protein, or any other vegan blend – just keep in mind you may need to adjust the amount of water or add some coconut flour if the dough is too wet and sticky.
Besides protein powder, the base of these Gingerbread Protein Balls includes pitted deglet noor dates and almond butter. You can honestly use 100 grams of any pitted dates, but I do recommend soaking your dates the night before to make them easier to blend!
These wouldn’t be “gingerbread” protein balls without some molasses, ginger, and cinnamon. I see a lot of gingerbread recipes without molasses – but it adds so much please don’t leave it out! A dash of cloves adds a little kick, but is optional.
Optional white chocolate
Lastly, I drizzled my protein balls with some vegan white chocolate to make them an even more decadent treat. If you’ve never had white chocolate and gingerbread together – you NEED to! It’s SO GOOD!
Here’s the printable recipe for these Protein Gingerbread Balls. I hope you’ll rate and comment below if you try them 🙂
This post contains affiliate links and is sponsored by LIV Body.
Gingerbread Protein Balls (Vegan)
- 100 g (2/3 cup) pitted dates (deglet noir, medjool) soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup almond butter*
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract optional
- 1/2 cup (60g) vegan protein powder* I used LIV Body Lean Vegan Protein in Snickerdoodle (code NOEXCUSES for 20% off)
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt optional
- Dash ground cloves optional
- 1 oz. vegan white chocolate, melted optional
- 1/4 tsp. coconut oil, melted
*See blog post for substitutions.
- Add wet ingredients (through vanilla) to blender; blend until a paste is formed, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add in dry ingredients (through cloves) and pulse until a thick dough forms, adding water if too dry, or coconut flour if too wet (measurements are for pea protein, other protein powders will behave differently).
- Form dough into balls using slightly rounded tablespoons to make 12 balls.
- Place balls in the fridge while you melt chocolate (optional). You can either melt coconut oil with white chocolate in the microwave using 30 second intervals, or in a double boiler on the stovetop.
- Remove balls from the fridge and drizzle with melted chocolate in a back and forth motion (optional).
- Balls will keep in the fridge in an airtight container at least one week.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.