GLUTEN FREE EDAMAME & TAHINI STIR FRY
This Gluten Free Edamame & Tahini Stir Fry has loads of veggies and buckwheat soba noodles in a creamy Asian tahini sauce. The recipe also just so happens to be vegan, high in protein, and low in sugar! I am not kidding, vegan or not, this is a recipe you are going to crave.
Did you know? Despite having “wheat” in the name, buckwheat is actually wheat-free and gluten-free! It’s also high in protein and fiber.
For the noodles
The base of this recipe is Fortune brand’s Gluten Free Soba Buckwheat Noodles by JSL Foods in Shoyu flavor. I am so glad I found this brand! Fortune Gluten Free noodles are NEW to market, shelf-stable and can be found in Asian section in grocery stores (Albertsons, Von’s, Lucky’s, Safeway, Carr’s, Dierbergs Markets and Cub Foods).
Unlike a lot of gluten-free noodles, they taste authentic, cook easily and don’t fall apart when you cook them! My husband loves anything Asian (especially with noodles), so naturally he asked if these could be part of our regular meal rotation. JSL Foods is always coming out with new stuff, so be sure to keep up with them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
For the sauce
Next is the sauce! Oh, that sauce. It’s a combination of sesame paste (tahini), coconut aminos, and mirin (Japanese cooking wine). If you don’t have sesame paste, you could totally use peanut butter or cashew butter! The coconut aminos can be swapped for gluten-free tamari or reduced sodium soy sauce, too. I just prefer coconut aminos because they’re Paleo, lower in sodium, and a little sweeter than the others.
For the veggies
I went with shelled edamame for some added plant-based protein, plus a bunch of other veggies I felt like: snow peas, broccoli, sweet peppers, and green onion. Feel free to use whatever veggies you like! Toasted sesame seeds finish off the plate and add a little crunch.
Here’s the printable recipe for this Gluten Free Edamame & Tahini Stir Fry! I hope you’ll rate and comment below if you try it 🙂
This post is sponsored by JSL foods and contains affiliate links.
Gluten-Free Edamame & Tahini Stir-Fry
- 2 tbsp. sesame paste* tahini
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos*
- 2 tbsp. mirin* or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh garlic minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger minced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil or avocado oil
- 1 package Fortune Gluten Free Soba Buckwheat Noodles in Shoyu flavor or 6 oz. dry soba noodles
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers sliced
- 3 stalks green onion sliced
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
*See blog post above for substitutions.
- Combine sauce ingredients until creamy and set aside. You can add flavor packet from the noodles, or leave it out (I added it).
- Prepare veggies and set aside.
- Fill a medium sauce pan with water and bring to a boil. Add soba noodles and set timer to 3 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium-high heat.
- Add veggies and stir-fry for 2 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Add cooked noodles and sauce, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve hot!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.