OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN COOKIES (VEGAN)
Self-control can be hard with cookies… but don’t worry, you can eat the entire batch of these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies! All six chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies total about 400 calories with 27 grams of plant-based protein. They’re also vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, and low in sugar. Nutrition stats are great and all, but I’m more interested in those melty chocolate chips and that chewy texture 😉 Mmm.
Did you know? Oats contain a soluble fiber called beta-glucan which helps lower LDL and total cholesterol, increases fullness, and feeds good bacteria in the gut (source).
These yummy cookies get their protein from LIV Body Lean Vegan Protein in Frosted Oatmeal Cookie (one of my favorite flavors)! This stuff has no artificial flavors or sweeteners, is certified vegan, gluten free, and non-GMO. Did I mention it tastes wonderful? Feel free to use my code “NOEXCUSES” for 20% all LIV Body Products. If you don’t have this particular brand, any type of plant-based protein should work in this recipe so long as you like the flavor. DO NOT attempt to sub whey, casein or whey-casein blends in recipes that call for plant-based or vegan protein.
I used a calorie-free brown sugar alternative to sweeten these protein cookies, which measures 1:1 like sugar. You can substitute baking stevia, granulated erythritol, or granulated sugar, or even regular brown sugar if you don’t care about the added calories! A touch of cinnamon brings out the natural sweetness of these cookies, but it’s optional.
What really makes these cookies mouthwateringly delicious is a combination of vegan buttery spread and natural almond butter! Of course, you can sub sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, even peanut butter if you prefer. Feel free to use regular butter, ghee, or coconut oil in place of the vegan buttery spread.
Being a chocoholic, mini chocolate chips were the obvious addition to these hearty cookies! Enjoy Life brand is dairy free and vegan. It’s hard to beat rich, melty chocolate! That said, I bet these would also be yummy with white chips, dried cranberries, raisins, toffee bits… so many possibilities!
Here’s the printable recipe for these vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies. I’d love for you to rate/comment below if you try this one 🙂
This post contains affiliate links.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies (Vegan)
- 1/4 cup (30g) vegan protein powder LIV Body Lean Vegan Protein, code NOEXCUSES for 20% off
- 2 tbsp. old fashioned rolled oats certified gluten-free if needed
- 2 tbsp. calorie-free brown sugar like Lakanto Golden, Swerve Brown, Sukrin Gold
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon optional
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- Dash salt optional
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread*
- 1 tbsp. natural almond butter* or sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1 tbsp. (15g) mini chocolate chips*
*See above for substitutions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (through salt) in a small mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (through extract) and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Using rounded tablespoons, drop six cookies onto sheet a couple inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are browned but center is still soft.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge up to one week.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.