PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN COOKIES (VEGAN)
These flourless Peanut Butter Protein Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet, salty, buttery, chewy, and crumbly. Just be warned – they are seriously addicting! Luckily, one cookie is only 82 calories, with 7 grams of protein, 2 grams of net carbs and NO SUGAR. Yes, you read that right! So besides being vegan, they’re sugar-free and keto-friendly (though no one will ever know).
Did you know? Peanut butter is about half monounsaturated fat, half omega-6 fat. While monounsaturated fat has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity, some studies suggest diets high in omega-6 can lead to inflammation. (source) So, just make sure you’re getting other fat sources besides peanut butter, especially those rich in omega-3’s!
Protein powder recommendations
These cookies use protein powder instead of flour, and what better protein to use than LIV Body’s Lean Vegan Protein! I went with Vanilla Birthday Cake flavor 😉 Their protein tastes amazing, which is very hard to find with vegan protein powders. LIV Body’s Lean Vegan Protein also has no artificial ingredients! Use my code NOEXCUSES for 20% all LIV Body products.
You may be able to substitute whey blends or whey concentrate in place of the vegan protein, but I have not tested it in this specific recipe. You can also omit the vegan protein and substitute half a cup of flour or more, until the dough is able to be rolled into balls.
For a little extra sweetness, I added my favorite organic stevia blend, but it’s optional. The protein powder is already sweet, so this is up to your personal tastes. I would suggest leaving out the sweetener if using maple syrup, honey, or pancake syrup in this recipe.
The only other main ingredients are natural creamy peanut butter, VitaFiber syrup (can sub sugar free pancake syrup, maple syrup, or honey), and vegan buttery spread. If you’re using sugar free pancake syrup, maple syrup or honey, leave out the additional sweetener or cut back since these are sweeter. Of course, you can use regular unsalted butter if not vegan.
My favorite way to enjoy these cookies is to sandwich two together with a teaspoon of peanut butter and a teaspoon of low sugar jam! So good.
Here’s the printable recipe for these flourless, vegan, keto, and sugar-free Peanut Butter Protein Cookies! I hope you’ll rate and comment below if you try them 😉
This post contains affiliate links and is sponsored by LIV Body.
Peanut Butter Protein Cookies (Vegan)
- 1/2 cup (60g) vegan protein powder I used LIV Body brand in Vanilla Birthday Cake, use code NOEXCUSES for 20% off
- 1/4 cup calorie-free sweetener optional, adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt optional
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup VitaFiber syrup or sugar-free pancake syrup, maple syrup, honey
- 2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread*
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (through salt) in medium mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (through vanilla) and mix until a soft, rollable dough is formed.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or lightly coated with cooking spray. Press flat using a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes until edges are starting to turn brown but center is very soft. Cookies with set as they cool, so wait 10-15 minutes before eating.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.