If you’re looking for something yummy to snack on while you’re waiting for that roast, ham, or turkey to cook… dive into this pomegranate guacamole! It’s easy to make, full of fresh flavors, and addicting (like seriously). Enjoy this festive pomegranate guacamole with corn tortilla chips, pita chips, or veggies! Looking for more easy but healthy appetizers? Try my smoked salmon and baby dill crostini!
Did you know? An avocado has more potassium than a banana! Getting lots of potassium can reduce blood pressure, lowering the risk for heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure.
All you need for this recipe is three large, ripe avocados, one pomegranate, white onion, fresh garlic, fresh cilantro, and two juicy limes. You can add a jalapeño too if you like! It’s not too spicy. My one-year-old went to town on this even with the jalapeño in there.
You definitely will want to add at least some sea salt or kosher salt to this pomegranate guacamole! I recommend starting with half a teaspoon and adding more to taste. I thought one teaspoon was just perfect, but you may want up to a teaspoon and a half.
Here’s the printable recipe – please rate and comment below if you try it!
This post contains affiliate links. Recipe created in collaboration with Abby Pollock and TransformNation.
- 16 oz. 3 medium ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice 2 limes
- 1 medium jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. salt adjust to your liking
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- Scoop out three medium avocados into a bowl and mash them using a fork.
- Add onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, garlic, and salt; mix until creamy and well combined.
- Fold into pomegranate arils and serve with baked tortilla chips, pita chips, or raw veggies.
- Best if used with 3 days.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.