BACON JALAPENO EGG MUFFINS (KETO, PALEO)
Looking for an easy “run-out-the-door” breakfast option? These Bacon Jalapeno Egg Muffins are delicious, portable, keto, Paleo, and Whole30-compliant! You can totally change up to veggie add-ins too, but there’s something so perfect about bacon and jalapeño together. This is a repeat recipe at our house, and I know you’ll love it too 😉 You might also like my Sun-Dried Tomato Artichoke & Feta Egg Muffins!
Did you know? Free-range eggs have less fat and cholesterol, higher concentrations of vitamins A and E, and twice the omega-3 content compared to conventional eggs (source).
I used Applegate Naturals turkey bacon for this recipe, but you can totally use uncured pork bacon if you prefer! The turkey bacon just has less fat and more protein. The first step is to partially cook the bacon, just until it’s starting to crisp, but still flexible. I like to bake mine in the oven at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes using a baking sheet with rack, but you can also pan-fry your bacon over medium heat.
Once the bacon was done and cool enough to handle, I lined each well of my lightly greased muffin tin with one slice of bacon. You can use either grease your muffin wells avocado oil cooking spray, or melted ghee using a paper to apply evenly. Then, I beat together my eggs, egg yolks, fresh jalapeño, and spices until frothy. The egg mixture divided perfectly between the wells of my regular-sized muffin pan!
Now for the final step, I baked them for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees F, just until the edges started turning golden brown. Make sure you let them cool before attempting to remove them from the muffin pan! I also found sliding a plastic knife around the outside of each muffin made them easier to get out.
Here’s the printable recipe for these keto Bacon Jalapeno Egg Muffins! I hope you’ll rate and comment below if you try them 😉
This post contains affiliate links.
Bacon & Jalapeño Egg Muffins (Keto, Paleo)
- 12 slices turkey bacon*
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 cup (8 large) egg whites
- 3 jalapeños chopped*
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
*See above for substitutions.
- Partially cook bacon until crispy, but still flexible. You can either bake at 450 degrees F for 10-15 minutes using a baking sheet with rack, or pan-fry over medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once bacon is cool enough to handle, line each well of a lightly greased muffin pan with one strip of bacon, so it makes a circle.
- Whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, jalapeños, and spices until frothy.
- Pour egg mixture into the center of each bacon “circle,” dividing evenly between wells.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Let egg muffins cool, then remove from muffin pan with the help of a plastic knife.
- Muffins will keep in the fridge in an airtight container up to one week.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
This Pumpkin Chip Protein Bread has a rich, tender texture full of pumpkin spice and chocolate chips (no dry protein bread here). The kids and I can't get enough! Best of all, it's gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and easily made egg-free and vegan.