ROAST CHICKEN THIGHS, BABY POTATOES & GREEN BEANS (WHOLE30)
This one-pan dinner of roast chicken thighs, baby potatoes, and green beans is full of flavor, fiber, and protein. So satisfying on every level! You can bet the whole family will love this meal (which sadly means no leftovers). Not to mention, it’s Paleo, Whole30-compliant, and ready to eat in about 40 minutes!
Did you know? Chicken thighs are higher in fat that chicken breasts, but they’re a great source of monounsaturated fat, the healthy kind that helps reduce LDL cholesterol and boost insulin sensitivity.
I got inspiration for this recipe from the lovely Karina over at CafeDelites (her food photography is GOALS!), but decided to use chicken thighs instead of breasts. My version uses less fat for cooking (4 tsp. rather than 4 tbsp.) and ghee instead of butter to keep it Paleo and Whole30-compliant. I also found that in order to get a nice crisp on my chicken, I had to crank the oven up to 450 degrees F!
Now, I used 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, 2 tsp. minced fresh garlic, and 1 ½ tsp. fresh thyme. You can totally use dried spices if that’s all you have: 1 tsp. dried parsley, ½ tsp. granulated garlic, ½ tsp. dried thyme. I also used my favorite kosher salt (can use sea salt or table salt) and black pepper. This recipe calls for chicken bone broth, but you can use any kind of broth (chicken, vegetable, even beef).
The best type of potatoes for this recipe would be baby potatoes or fingerling, but you can totally cut up Yukon golds or red potatoes into small chunks too. Although I used green beans, you could totally sub asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or even zucchini!
Here’s the printable recipe for this Whole30-approved Roast Chicken Thighs, Baby Potatoes & Green Beans sheet pan dinner. I’d love for you to rate and comment below if you try it 😉
This post contains affiliate links.
Roast Chicken Thighs, Baby Potatoes & Green Beans (Whole30)
- 24 oz. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 24 oz. baby potatoes quartered
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tsp. ghee* melted
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth*
- 2 tsp. (2 cloves) fresh garlic* minced
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley*
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme*
- 24 oz. fresh green beans trimmed
*See blog post above for substitutions.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange chicken thighs and diced potatoes on a full-sized baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine melted ghee, broth, garlic and herbs and pour over thighs and potatoes.
- Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove from oven to add green beans, tossing with other ingredients to cover in juices.
- Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes, until green beans are tender.
- If you want things a bit more crispy, broil on HIGH for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes then serve hot! Leftovers (if there are any) will keep covered in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.