CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN COOKIES
I think we can agree chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven… am I right? Well, these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Cookies taste heaven-sent! I’m honestly surprised because I kind of threw this recipe together! It’s not often that things come out perfect on the first try. These cookies are thick and chewy, with a crunchy outside and gooey chocolate chips inside. It took all my will power to ration them out over these past three days!
To add some protein to these amazing cookies, I used a combination of Quest protein powder in Peanut Butter flavor (vanilla would also work). You can swap the Quest protein for any whey blend with casein, or a whey concentrate. However, I wouldn’t recommend substituting whey isolate alone because isolate tends to dry out baked goods. Try 60% whey isolate, 40% casein instead!
Instead of flour, I used powdered peanut butter to up the protein in these cookies even further. You can swap the powdered peanut butter for half flour, half protein powder. I do not recommend substituting the peanut protein for just protein powder, or the cookies might be too dry.
For extra sweetness, I used a monk fruit brown sugar alternative. I just love the hint of brown sugar flavor! You can use any reduced-calorie brown sugar alternative, like Lakanto Golden, Sukrin Gold, Swerve Brown, or half as much Truvia Brown Sugar. Baking stevia, granulated erythritol, granulated monk fruit, or a granulated sugar like coconut sugar will also work. If using stevia extract or drops, check the brand-specific conversion chart. If using maple syrup, simply replace the fiber syrup in this recipe!
Fiber syrups can be a great low-sugar, high-prebiotic-fiber option, but using maple syrup or honey instead won’t increase the calories by much. You could also use sugar-free pancake syrup, brown rice syrup or date syrup.
Since these are peanut butter cookies, I used creamy peanut butter along with the fiber syrup in this recipe. The combination gives these the perfect texture! However, you can use any nut or seed butter you like 😉
Of course, these wouldn’t be “Peanut Butter Chocolate CHIP Protein Cookies” without some chocolate chips! I loved the dark chocolate chips in these, but feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate chips or even white chocolate chips if you prefer!
Here’s the printable recipe. Please rate and comment below to let me know how you liked ’em 😉
This post contains affiliate links.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 50 g vanilla whey blend protein powder* I used Quest brand in Peanut Butter flavor
- 50 g powdered peanut butter* or 25g flour, 25g protein powder
- 1/4 cup calorie-free brown sugar alternative* Lakanto Golden, Swerve Brown, Sukrin Gold
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt optional
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fiber syrup like allulose syrup* or pure maple syrup, sugar free pancake syrup, brown rice syrup, date syrup
- 2 tbsp. (1 large) egg white*
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips
*See blog post above for more substitutions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (through salt) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (through vanilla), then mix until a dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until firm on the edges. The center will set once the cookies cool.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container up to one week (freezing not recommended).
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.