GLUTEN FREE SHRIMP MISO RAMEN
Ramen is one of those things you think you can’t have when you’re eating “healthy,” but this high protein, Gluten Free Shrimp Miso Ramen changes all that. Think savory ramen broth full of noodles, complete with plump shrimp and a jammy egg on top! Pure heaven and perfect as a post-workout meal.
Did you know? Shitake mushrooms have a smoky flavor and are high in iron, making them a great vegan substitute for bacon.
The base of this recipe is Fortune brand’s Gluten Free Red Ramen Noodles by JSL Foods in Shoyu flavor. I am so happy to be working with this brand! Fortune Gluten Free noodles are brand NEW to market, shelf-stable and can be found in the Asian section in grocery stores (Albertsons, Von’s, Lucky’s, Safeway, Carr’s, Dierbergs Markets and Cub Foods).
Unlike most gluten-free noodles, these taste authentic, cook easily and don’t disintegrate when you cook them! My hubby loves Asian noodles, so he promptly asked if these could be part of our regular meal rotation 😉 JSL Foods is always coming out with new stuff, so be sure to keep up with them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
The broth is everything when it comes to ramen. This broth combines low-sodium vegetable broth, miso paste, coconut aminos, and sriracha hot sauce. The miso paste really does add a lot, but if you can’t find it, just use an extra three tablespoons of coconut aminos. The coconut aminos can also be swapped for gluten-free tamari sauce or reduced sodium soy sauce. I like coconut aminos because they’re Paleo, lower in sodium, and a little sweeter than the others.
For add-ins, I went with shiitake mushrooms, baby bok choy (Chinese cabbage), garlic, green onion, shrimp, and soft-boiled egg. Feel free to use any kind of mushroom, or other veggies too! Oh and I highly recommend using raw peeled and deveined shrimp with the tail off. Chicken or tofu would work great in this recipe, too!
Go ahead and dress up your ramen further with more sriracha, more coconut aminos, add some fresh cilantro or mint… whatever you like… it’s your bowl 😉
Here is the printable recipe for this Gluten Free Shrimp Miso Ramen! I hope you’ll rate and comment below if you try it.
This post is sponsored by JSL foods and contains affiliate links.
Gluten Free Shrimp Miso Ramen
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms* sliced
- 4 tsp. garlic minced
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp. miso paste* or more coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos* more to taste
- 2 tsp. sriracha hot sauce more to taste
- 1 package Fortune Gluten Free Red Ramen Noodles in Shoyu flavor or 6 oz. dry ramen noodles
- 12 oz. raw peeled and deveined shrimp*
- 2 cups baby bok choy* quartered lengthwise
- 3 large soft-boiled eggs halved
- 3 stalks green onion sliced
*See above for substitutions.
- Bring a medium sauce pan of water to a rolling boil on the stovetop. Add three eggs (in shell) to boiling water and set timer for 7 minutes. Once timer goes off, drain saucepan and immediately submerge eggs in icy cold water. Set aside.
- Prepare vegetables and set aside.
- Heat avocado oil in a large wok over medium heat.
- Add shiitake mushrooms and stir-fry until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth, water, miso, coconut aminos, sriracha, noodles, and flavor packet (optional).
- Stir and simmer until miso dissolves, adjusting aminos and sriracha to taste.
- Add shrimp and bok choy, simmering until shrimp is pink, about 2 minutes.
- Divide ramen between three bowls and top with a halved soft-boiled egg and chopped green onion. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.