OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN COOKIES
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies are so delicious and satisfying! Being a huge fan of oatmeal cookies, I simply had to make a healthier version… one with added protein, less sugar, and less fat. I’ll be honest, I kind of threw these together on impulse because I was craving hard on some cookies, but they turned out surprisingly good!
Instead of all-purpose flour, I used a combination of Quest Cinnamon Crunch Protein and gluten-free baking flour. Feel free to use any whey protein blend (whey isolate/whey concentrate/casein/milk protein) or whey concentrate. I don’t recommend pure whey isolate or the cookies may come out a little dry. I also haven’t tested vegan protein (try this recipe instead) or collagen, so I can’t promise those will work either!
If you don’t have gluten-free baking flour, you can sub all-purpose flour, brown rice flour, cake flour, cassava flour (Paleo), oat flour (oats blended into flour), sorghum flour, spelt flour, tiger nut flour or whole wheat pastry flour.
Instead of brown sugar, I went with a calorie-free brown sugar alternative. Lakanto Golden Monk Fruit, Swerve Brown, or Sukrin Gold will work. Of course you can also use regular brown sugar or coconut sugar, but that will significantly increase the overall calories, carbs, and sugar!
To add some buttery goodness, I used a vegan buttery spread instead of dairy butter, but regular unsalted butter or ghee would work too. Coconut oil might work, I just haven’t tried it! I also added some unsweetened applesauce for extra moisture, but feel free to swap it out for nut butter, yogurt, pumpkin, or additional buttery spread.
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies are freaking addicting (hence why this recipe only makes nine cookies!) I’d love your comments below if you try the recipe 🙂
This post contains affiliate links.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats or quick oats
- 1/3 cup (45g) whey blend or concentrate protein powder like Quest, PE Science, or MRM
- 2 tbsp. (15g) gluten-free baking flour or all-purpose, oat flour
- 1/2 cup calorie-free brown sugar like Lakanto Golden, Sukrin Gold, or Swerve Brown
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon optional
- 1/4 tsp. salt optional
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. omega-3 buttery spread or butter, ghee
- 2 tbsp. (1 large) egg white
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients (through baking soda) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients (through vanilla) in a separate mixing bowl, then add to dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Gently stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or use parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough onto sheet using rounded tablespoons to make nine cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Let cookies cool 5-10 minutes before removing from baking sheet. Enjoy!
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.