PARMESAN SHRIMP & ROASTED ASPARAGUS
What’s for dinner tonight? How about this scrumptious Parmesan Shrimp & Roasted Asparagus! Confession… I never used to like shrimp until I learned to cook it properly. This no-fail recipe yields plump juicy shrimp that are never rubbery, with a flavorful crisp on the outside. You don’t need butter and can even use vegan parmesan to make this dairy-free (it’s already gluten-free). I served it with my favorite roasted asparagus recipe and rice cooked in bone broth for added flavor. You might also like my Healthy Shrimp & Sausage Jambalaya!
Did you know? Saltwater shrimp are somewhat high in sodium, so there is no need to add salt to this already brine-y seafood. Instead, stick with salt-free spices! I love garlic powder, black pepper, and Cajun seasoning personally.
This Parmesan Shrimp & Roasted Asparagus dinner starts with raw peeled and deveined shrimp. You can use fresh or frozen, but I buy frozen for convenience (and it’s the best value at Costco). You can thaw your shrimp overnight in the fridge, or dump it into a bowl of cold water with a trickle of cold running into the bowl and down the drain. The second method is much faster, taking about 15 minutes.
After the shrimp is thawed, drain excess water and pat dry with paper towels. Toss with lemon juice, grated parmesan, garlic powder and black pepper. Seasoning with spices prior to cooking and patting dry are both key for getting a nice brown crisp! Make sure you preheat your oil in the skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking (avocado oil is best for this). Once your oil is nice and hot, add the seasoned shrimp. Don’t crowd the pan or your shrimp will boil instead of crisp up (about eight ounces at a time worked perfect for me).
Finally, you only need to cook shrimp 1-2 minutes per side over medium-high heat. Overcooked shrimp will form a tight “O” shape, while perfectly cooked shrimp will form a “C” shape.
Now, for the asparagus, all you have to do is toss washed and trimmed asparagus with avocado oil, black pepper, sea salt, and grated parmesan (can use dairy-free), then bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. It turns out perfect ever time!
Here’s the printable recipe for this Parmesan Shrimp & Roasted Asparagus! I hope you’ll rate and comment below if you try it 🙂
This post contains affiliate links.
Parmesan Shrimp & Roasted Asparagus
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 lb. raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan can use dairy-free
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. asparagus washed and trimmed
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. grated parmesan can use dairy-free
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil, parmesan, pepper and salt.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet.
- Toss shrimp with Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic and pepper.
- Add half of shrimp to skillet and cook, undisturbed, 1-2 minutes per side over medium-high heat.
- Set aside and repeat for remaining shrimp.
- Serve cooked asparagus and shrimp with long-grain rice cooked in bone broth, or side of choice.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge up to one week.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.