PB&J PROTEIN PANCAKES
I’m celebrating “Peanut Butter and Jelly Day” a day early with this glorious stack of PB&J Protein Pancakes topped with smashed berries and drizzled in melted peanut butter. The pancakes are so tender and fluffy – easily my best and simplest pancake recipe! They’re also gluten-free, dairy-free, high in protein and low in fat. Every time I make these, I’m stuck on them for a few days because they are just that good.
The key ingredient is Jamie Eason Lean Body for Her Peanut Protein, which all-natural and can be used as a peanut spread, sauce, or mixed into shakes (use code “SARAH10” for 10% all orders from www.labrada.com)! I have tried this recipe with powdered peanut butter, but you need a little additional sweetener and it’s still not exactly the same. Jamie’s Peanut Protein is closer to powdered peanut butter than protein powder, so I don’t recommend substituting whey, casein, or vegan protein in this recipe without other adjustments.
The best part – you don’t even need jelly or syrup! Just heat up some berries and mash them up with a little sweetener. If you want to keep the fat content lower, mix two tablespoons of Lean Body for Her Peanut Protein with water to your desired consistency and drizzle over top! But I love my fats and I love my peanut butter 😉
Here’s the recipe for my PB&J Protein Pancakes – I’d love your comments below if you try it!
This post contains affiliate links.
PB&J Protein Pancakes
- 1/3 cup (40g) powdered peanut butter* I used Lean Body for Her Peanut Protein
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup (5 large) egg whites
- 1/2 cup berries
- 1-2 tsp. calorie-free sweetener
- 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter*
- Mix together pancake ingredients in a medium bowl until no lumps remain. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into skillet 2-3 tbsp. at a time to make 5-6 small pancakes.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until underside is golden brown, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat berries in the microwave for one minute.
- Mash berries with sweetener to taste and pour over pancakes.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave for 30-60 seconds on LOW setting and drizzle over pancakes. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.