PEACHY JALAPENO GRILLED CHICKEN
Bored of the same old meal prep chicken meal? This Peachy Jalapeno Grilled Chicken has so much flavor between the sweet peaches and kick of jalapeño. It’s a longstanding favorite at our house. It’s not what most would consider “spicy,” but if you really can’t stand the heat, omit the jalapeño for a delicious peach glaze!
Did you know? Jalapeños contain a compound called capsaicin. Studies show that capsaicin can actually your boost metabolism by 4–5%, even reduce abdominal fat and appetite! (source)
For the chicken, I always buy free range chicken raised without antibiotics. This ensures the chickens were not living with other diseased birds (hence the need for antibiotics). You can use chicken thighs if you prefer, but I used chicken breasts!
Now for the glaze, I used low sugar peach jam, but apricot spread will work too! This recipe also calls for minced garlic, but feel free to substitute one-quarter teaspoon of garlic powder. You’ll also need one jalapeño, avocado oil, and soy sauce. If you are allergic to soy or gluten intolerant, try tamari sauce or coconut aminos instead.
Here’s the printable recipe for this Peachy Jalapeno Grilled Chicken! Hope you enjoy 😉 I love this recipe with other grilled goodies like corn on the cob or balsamic vegetable skewers!
This post contains affiliate links.
Peachy Jalapeno Grilled Chicken
- 1/4 cup low sugar peach jam or apricot jam
- 1/2 tbsp. less sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce, coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lb. raw boneless skinless chicken breast sliced thin
- Combine first five ingredients to make a glaze.
- Heat oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat, or heat outdoor grill to 450-550 degrees F.
- Add chicken breasts plus salt and pepper (to taste), cooking about 5 minutes on the first side, 4 minutes on the second side.
- Once chicken is nearly done, smother with glaze or baste repeatedly if using outdoor grill. Reduce heat to medium and simmer a couple minutes, until chicken is juicy and cooked through. Serve with your choice of grilled veggies!
- Leftover chicken will keep in an airtight container for up to one week in the fridge.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.