PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH COTTAGE CHEESE
If you’re looking for a protein-packed snack that tastes like cookie dough, look no further than this Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cottage Cheese! Simply blend the cottage cheese until smooth (or use plain Greek yogurt), then add a few simple pantry ingredients! Even if you hate cottage cheese, I bet you will love this thick, creamy dessert-turned-healthy-snack 😉 It tastes like cookie dough, but you get more for fewer calories and a whole lot more protein. Winning!
The first step is to blend your low fat cottage cheese just until there are no big curds left. You can of course skip this step if you’re using plain Greek yogurt, but I’ve found that plain Greek yogurt tastes more tangy and doesn’t get as thick. Once your cottage cheese is pretty smooth, add a little vanilla extract and sweetener of choice (I use this one). Blend again briefly, then taste and see if you want more sweetener or vanilla. What you’ve just done is turned bland, lumpy cottage cheese into a sweet vanilla batter with similar macros to Greek yogurt!
Now, mix in some powdered peanut butter (OR vanilla protein powder for a “peanut-free” version), peanut butter (OR cashew butter), a dash of salt (enhances flavor), and a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips! You can also use sugar free chocolate chips or cacao nibs to cut 4g of sugar and about 5 calories from the recipe.
Gahhhh… get in my mouth!!! Here’s the printable recipe for this Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cottage Cheese. Leave a comment below to tell me whatcha think 😉
This post contains affiliate links.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cottage Cheese
- 5 oz. low fat cottage cheese blended
- 3 tbsp. (18g) powdered peanut butter or vanilla protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp. calorie-free sweetener I used one that's twice as sweet as sugar
- 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter or cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash salt optional
- 1 tbsp. (14g) mini chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chips, or cacao nibs
- Blend cottage cheese just until smooth and no large clumps remain. OR use plain Greek yogurt (a little more tangy).
- Mix in remaining ingredients and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.